WorldEka is an example of how the digital world can make a really positive difference to the world. It is a social networking site with a difference – their aim is to provide a platform for charities and non-government organisations (NGO) to meet, network and share resources in synergy for the greater good of their individual causes. It is a platform that allows these small organisations to come together and pool their ever-precious resources.
WorldEka came to the Ogilvy Ideas Shop with the objectives of growth. They wanted to acquire more leads and organisations and increase customer engagement and dwell time. How were they to acquire these new leads was the challenge – would Twitter or other social sites be the key to gaining more awareness and drive for them?
As a purely online company we suggested that they look the most important asset that they have – their existing customers. Very little profiling and analysis of their current users had been done, yet they could learn so much from these existing users:
- Audit the current user base
- Profile the trends of active users and highlight dormant accounts
- Develop eCRM communications based on the above profiles to engage the users at different times to their lifecycle.
- Develop a dialogue and become an enabler to making this network work.
- Leverage this wonderful asset – They found that people willing to apply themselves to charity are very engaged. We suggested WorldEka to start using this to compile user generated content of video and imagery that can be shared throughout the site for other member organisations to use in their efforts to raise awareness of their plight. Making WorldEka a really useful resource for members to come back to again and again instead of being just an online lobby to meet people.